Friday, July 30, 2010

5 Question Friday

It's Friday! It's Friday!! Golly Gee it's Friday!! Can you see my excitement in my overuse of exclamation marks?? Random question: Why do SAHMs get excited about Fridays? I'm not really sure why I'm excited except that I know my hubby will be home for 2 whole days with me. I better soak this in since I only have 2 weeks before I will really get excited about Fridays. Ugh so not looking forward to that.

Anyways, not a lot on the agenda for this weekend. The in-laws are coming over tonight to see the baby and my friend is coming over to hang out tomorrow night while her fiance is at his bachelor party.

Oh... I've found a new interest. Painting! Only I can't just paint at home. I would super suck at that. I need to pay $35 for someone to tell me step-by-step how to paint my picture haha. I did it Saturday night and painted a bunch 'o alcoholic drinks (but mine are really non-alcoholic drinks in pretty glasses ;-)). Then last night I painted a precious guardian angel holding a baby. I super dee duper love that one! It'll go in either my room or Allie Kate's room.

Okay, on to five question Friday. I have secretly been looking forward to this all week and got a little sad yesterday when I went looking for it and realized it was only Thursday. Drats. Oh well, on the the goods.


Questions for Friday, July 30th:
1. Did you have a favorite blanket or toy as a kid? If so, do you still have it?
I actually didn't. And I'm glad I didn't. Sorry, but you guys who had to take your dingy, worn-out blanket to college are a bit insane in my book lol. Okay, not really, but I'm glad I don't have that kind of attachment to anything.

But I secretly hope Allie Kate gets attached to something. She hasn't shown any signs yet, but I think it's so super cute to see a baby carrying her favorite toy around.

Double standard, much?

2. Do you dream in color?
Totally. I'm cool like that.

Hubby never remembers his dreams and I think that's a little weird. I have extremely vivid dreams. And they turned into High Def dreams when Allie Kate took up residency in my uterus. Pregnancy dreams are like you're THERE. If you have a dream that you're running a marathon, by golly you'll be drenched in sweat and out of breath when you wake up.

My most vivid dreams lately have all involved positive pregnancy tests and lots of sobbing lol.

3. How tall are you? Do you wish you were shorter or taller?
I'm 5'8"-ish.

I wish I was shorter. I always have. Reaching things that are up high is nice, but that's why they invented step stools. I wanna be 5'5". I'd be happy with that. Who wants my 3 inches?

4. If you could have anyone's (celeb or other) voice as the guide on your GPS, who would it be?

I choose Kellie Pickler. I heart country twang lol.

5. Do you return your shopping cart to the corral or leave it wherever in the parking lot?

I do. But I didn't when Allie Kate was an itty bitty baby because I didn't want to leave her in the car to go find a corral. Now I just leave her in the cart and let her ride to the corral.

On another totally random note, how in the heck is it logical to have expectant mother parking but not new mom parking? I was totally loving the expectant mom parking when Allie lived in my belly, but dude.. shopping while your baby is all cozy and warm in your belly is muuuuuuch easier than removing a carseat, positioning it on the cart, shopping while entertaining a baby, returning to your car that's out in BFE, putting the carseat and baby back in the car and then taking the stupid cart back. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Step off the soap box, Amanda. >.<

This post is being linked to My Little Life.

3 comments:

  1. Your #5 is soooo true! It's much harder with kids than without! We should change that... although we'd all be fighting over the mommy parking with those wild hormones. Could get ugly. Stopping by from 5QF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL That is awesome! ALL of it! Kellie Pickler is definitely a unique choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We 2 Bees -- We totally should change it. But you're right, there would have to be a LOT of new Mommy parking spots to keep the peace.

    Ms. Random -- Thanks. Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Amanda. I'm a Mommy, wife, Christian, crafter, mult-tasker extraordinaire. I'm the owner or Cheerful Children Boutique. I'm a Georgia peach, born and raised.

Followers

Thank You

Thank You
Blog Template made by Divine DigiDesign

Search

Powered by Blogger.